Holy Moley was said mentally and under my breath about a thousand times in the last week. This is the haul to set them all apart.
Guys what I am about to share with you is something that I have wanted to do/have for a very, very long time now.
I decided it was time to get my photographs made physical. I have so many burning in my files and it is high time to print the most important ones. Being the crafty person I am, printed pictures would ideally go hand in hand with scrap booking.
I went all out.
I started with some scrap-booking tools. A cutter, and corner round cutter, tape glue dots, and some nice journaling pens.
Next were the bones of the whole project; the book and photo sleeves. I went with the Project Life variety pack because of the variety and ease of access. There weren’t many other options and I want all of my pages to be different!
This will be the first of three books for Colorado. I have a mental plan for them to all go together using color and pattern. I just wanted to start with the one for now. There are 230 pictures from the third trip, 175 from the second, and maybe 100 from the first… so I have a lot of sorting and deciding to do!
Next came the papers. I struggled with this because I do not like the card kits from Project Life and mamBi… They are adorbs! Don’t get me wrong. But they weren’t right for this. I needed the right colors and textures so I went for the scrap-booking paper and decided on turquoise because I don’t think I’ll ever get tired of it and green and brown for the nature effect. Gold and textures from nature as well. These will help tie the other books together that I saw.
Next are the project life products I picked up. Now I know I just got done saying that I didn’t like any of the kits. This one I do, but it doesn’t offer enough color on its own. I like the chalkboard set. There are some nice decorative ones, phrases, and journaling ones in it. I also grabbed the Polaroid and white doodle overlays and a set with gold accents.
The reason I made this purchase and the next is that the versatility and amount will allow me to use them for a while for many projects to come. I realized that they come out to be about 7 cents each!
Next are the me & my BIG ideas picks. I chose a pack that had some great quotes and textures for this project. The stickers are life and vacation related.
I will be able to use these for my upcoming trips! (More on that later on!)
Then I found some stickers from stick-abilities that have a great look and perfect phrases! Gold letters and dots for accents and phrases/words. Some fun plaques and some card stock for journaling. Also check out my washi collection! Yay!!!!
While I’m not proud of how much I spent on this haul… I AM proud that I took the leap to get something done I have wanted to for a long time! I feel like I’ve made some great core purchases to get me started.
- Fitness 5 days a week – NO check, but next on the list!
- Vacation and motorcycle lessons – NO check
- Get organized and be awesome at work – getting there, planner helps
- Watching finances – getting there, planner and paychecks to recover from holidays helps
- Create, do something with my photos, and decorate my home – GETTING THERE!!! currently under construction 😀 See folks, it’s all about forcing yourself to try something new!
Somethings I have been thinking about before getting started on this project:
- Many people get over whelmed with Project Life. I’m glad I am aware of this, and I have already experienced some of these feelings choosing these products. The thing is I will not stress over the details. This book is so far gone that trying to remember all of the details will be fruitless. Writing down what I can will suffice, and as memories pop up they can always be added.
- I have started pulling the cards that are possibilities and setting aside the ones that are out of the question. I think I will also start cutting the paper. I can see myself getting pretty consumed with the photograph part when the time comes.
- I will begin the scrap-booking by looking at the photographs to see if there are any moments that can be grouped together, then I will choose maybe 4 pages to work with at a time and begin arranging pictures and cards on them!
Just thoughts folks 😉
Stay tuned for Part 2!
YES… there is MORE!!! 😀